Saturday, May 9, 2009

I KNOW the Facts, man....

*I just wrote the following to a friend..if only I could listen to my own advice and put it into action...*

If I could eat when I was actually hungry and stop when I was satisfied then it would be fabulous..I would be skinny and everything. When I am bored or have stress or something I totally emotionally eat. And the more I think that I am going to do better then it is like I am obsessing about my eating and my weight. The more I want to do better and not snack or eat too much the harder it is and I feel like such a failure. Even when I am aware that I am emotional or bored eating I don't care...I can't put it down. I know about all the diets, all the advice from thin people, all the strategies, healthy foods, what to do, what to take, when to eat, when not to...and it still doesn't make sense to me. I always get motivated until the next meal. If I eat until I am satisfied then I totally FREAK OUT cause there is still a mound of food on my plate that is going to be wasted. Or if I am not hungry and it is dinner time then I FREAK OUT again because I skipped a meal. I need help just as much as you or the next person. We can totally help each other out. The thing we can remember is that there will always be food...You WILL get hungry again. And that next time your stomach growls you can eat again...until you are satisfied...and if you screw up at one meal..then work on starting over at the next meal....making good choices and having success requires having some failures along the way...just pick up and start over again....don't obsess about what happened a couple of weeks ago, just make the decision to start over right now. If you think you are hungry then drink a glass of water and wait a few min. If you really are hungry and your body really does need fuel then your stomach will growl....if not then the water should have cured you cause you were probably thirsty or bored or stressed. Food should be fuel...don't live to eat...eat to live!!!! Food is how we survive..it shouldn't be how we are comforted......

No comments:

Post a Comment